My Robot Store

My Robot Store
This is my robot store! Click on picture above for more information

Friday, October 6, 2017

ROBOTIS-OP3 Review And First Thoughts.

I was able to get a first hand look at the OP3 during ROSCon 2017 and IROS 2017 in Vancouver B.C.

So the first question I asked was why a new robot? What has wrong with the OP1 and OP2? I got some great answers from the robot engineers at Robotis. The number one and most important  improvement was to allow the robot use ROS (Robot Operating System). This drove almost all of the improvements and upgrades to the OP platform. The other main improvement was to upgraded the robot to use the new Dynamical X-series of servos.

Below are some unedited videos of the robot in action.

Walking around on carpet.


Kicking a soccer ball.


Standing up.


Push ups!









No comments:

Post a Comment